These Balsamic Roasted Carrots with Thyme are the perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas side to your Holiday table! Ready in 30 minutes.
- 400g carrots, peeled and chopped into approx. 1 cm (0.5 inch) thick slices
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or other cooking oil)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few fresh thyme springs (or 1 tsp dried thyme)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup (or honey)
- Preheat your oven to 425F (220C).
- Add the carrots to a baking sheet, drizzle with the avocado oil, season with salt and pepper, and add the fresh thyme.
- Toss and roast for 10-12 minutes.
- Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup and gently toss to coat.
- Roast for another 15 minutes.
- Pick out the thyme springs and serve with your choice of protein, a salad, grains, or mashed potatoes.
I’m adding the whole thyme to the carrots and taking it out after cooking. Some of the thyme might fall off the springs, that’s okay. You can use dried thyme for a more pronounced thyme flavor.
You can add the balsamic vinegar and the maple syrup with the oil in the beginning but I prefer to add it halfway through roasting because the vinegar and maple syrup will burn and reduce very easily. The carrots will end up more burned than glazed.
You can store the carrots in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Keywords: balsamic, roasted carrots