This is the ultimate fall cocktail! Nothing says fall better than a nice drink with warming spices and apple cider.
- 1.5 oz bourbon
- 3 oz apple cider
- 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 0.5 oz maple syrup
- Dash ground cinnamon
- A small dash ground allspice (optional)
- Dash orange bitters (optional)
- Club soda to taste (optional)
- Apple and lemon slices for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, apple cider, lemon juice, maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice, and orange bitters if using. Add a handful of ice and shake for 10-15 seconds until very cold to touch.
- Pour into a glass over ice and garnish with an apple slice and lemon slice if desired.
- Top up with club soda if desired and enjoy!
A pitcher version: This recipe yields one serving but the cocktail can easily be made in a pitcher, just multiply the amounts by however many servings you need!
Storing: This drink is best made fresh right before serving. I don’t recommend storing it.
Non-alcoholic version: use a non-alcoholic distilled spirit or just leave out the bourbon and top up with club soda. I like cranberry or orange-flavored soda.
Keywords: apple cider, bourbon, cocktail