This Starbucks-inspired Apple Brown Sugar Syrup is made with just 4 simple ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare! Use it in lattes, mocktails, and cocktails, or drizzle it over pancakes, waffles, or ice cream.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 small apples, core removed, diced (2 cups diced)
- ½ tsp apple pie spice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add brown sugar, water, diced apples, and apple pie spice to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Take the syrup off the heat, stir in vanilla extract, and allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes. The longer it sits, the more apple flavor the syrup will have.
- Strain the syrup into a large measuring cup or a bowl through a fine mesh strainer. Use a spoon to squeeze as much syrup out of the apples as possible.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Wait for the syrup to cool completely before closing with a lid.
The syrup makes about 12 servings if you use 2 tbsp per serving.
If you want a stronger molasses flavor, use dark brown sugar instead.
If you don’t have apples, you can use 1 cup of apple puree instead and follow the instructions as written.
Keywords: apple brown sugar syrup, starbucks syrup