- 8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 7 tsp ground cardamom
- 4 tsp ground fennel seeds
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp ground star anise
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups almond milk (or 1 cup milk + 1 cup water)
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp tahini
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup (or sub coconut nectar)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp chai spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- pinch sea salt
- 1-2 droppers Reishi extract tincture (optional superherb)
- To make the chai spice, simply add all the spices into a glass jar, cover with a lid and shake to mix.
- Pour the milk into a medium saucepan and bring it to an almost boil over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to low and add the almond butter, tahini, sweetener, and stir to combine and dissolve.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until there are no lumps.
- Heat up a little more if needed and serve. Top with coconut whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.